11.17.2010

Philip Sparks Fall / Winter 2010 Lookbook


This is my first exposure to Canadian designer Philip Sparks in this Herman Melville's MOBY DICK inspired Fall/Winter 2010 collection and I definitely love what I see. I'm pretty obsessed with coats and jackets (they are my speciality) and these offerings are perfect for the sea, or in my case, running around in LA with the AC turned on.

I love a menswear designer that actually knows tailoring...and construction! Can't tell you how many menswear designers that I've come across that knows absolutely nothing about tailoring techniques. If I mention the word HYMO, they would probably think I'm talking about something else completely!

This 27 year old designer honed his craft working at the costume departments of the National Ballet of Canada, the Canadian Opera Company, and the Stratford Festival of Canada.

Looking forward to much more from Philip Sparks in the future.

From Philip Sparks website:

"Philip Sparks Tailored Goods Inc. was founded in Toronto, Canada in 2007. Our brand has a nostalgic feeling, referencing vintage details and classic tailoring, but a contemporary sensibility that connects with men looking for quality, fit and functional clothing they look sharp in every day.
Designer Philip Sparks developed his interest in heritage tailoring in the design departments of the Canadian Opera Company, the National Ballet of Canada and the Stratford Festival. Today, he draws inspiration from found photographs, Canada’s great outdoors and vintage fabrics, hardware and notions.
All clothing and accessories are proudly made in Canada by specialized manufacturers, leather workers and knitters. We also partner with Town Shoes on Philip Sparks branded footwear."
More images from the lookbook below:


Source: THIS/HEARTS/ON/FIRE

No comments:

Post a Comment