2.21.2012

Six Lee Fall / Winter 2012 Menswear Lookbook


First things first...SORRY for the delay in posting.  I've been super busy at work and traveling so the posts haven't been as regular as I would like.  But, definitely, we'll get back into the swing of things once SPRING 13 designs wind down.  Of course, that is until I leave again for Asia in March for about 3-4 weeks for work.  This time, I'll figure out the whole proxie-china internet ban thing before I go (but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.  hehe ).  This is for sure one of the best posts to get us back on track.

Six Lee Fall / Winter 2012 is one of the most refreshing menswear collections I've seen in a while.  From the fabric selection to the way he layered the silhouettes, I am very happy to say that I have found my long lost design twin.  Kidding of course...sorta, kinda, not really.

I love the repetition of the "double" detail found throughout - double collars, double sleeves, double EVERYTHING and am also drawn to the unexpected asymmetric cuts. I also think the use of the ombre plaid is pretty genius and created a strong focal point to the collection to tie it all together.  Overall, a wonderful nod to British tailoring through a very refreshing and youthful perspective.

More looks below:

Side note- GOD, I WISH I WAS WORKING AT THIS LEVEL OF DESIGN AGAIN! *Sigh* I really do miss designing collection-driven menswear.  To see what I can do, check out my portfolio!

PERHAPS IT'S TIME TO GET BACK INTO IT?   Any VCs out there want to invest?  haha!


No comments:

Post a Comment