1.17.2012

Frankie Morello Fall / Winter 2012 Menswear Runway + Video


Oh Frankie...you're so fine!  A bit crazy....but still fine!

Frankie Morello Fall / Winter 2012 Menswear Collection took us on an exotic journey from the city to a beautiful savage land.  A bit of Rock n' Roll and a bit of exoticism, the looks feature a range of heavily adorned suits to heavily ethnic printed jackets and pants.  

It felt like a pretty fragmented presentation for me.  Of course, in one design season, one would have an overall umbrella theme that will have many different sub themes and color palettes, but this felt like 2 shows to me.  Maybe it was lost in the EDITING process...too many looks and not a strong enough unifying idea.  Also, when the guy dropped his sarong at the end and stood there....that was pretty funny. I'm not sure it was meant to be.  Oooops!

Don't get me wrong, I loved the individual looks on their own.  But while I loved each of the concepts on their own (adored suits, pants, etc. to Savage Beauty, etc.) I didn't particular get it as one universal presentation.  

What do you think?  Did it flow for you?

Video and looks below:





1 comment:

Unknown said...

IT WAS MEANT TO BE
SHOWING THE ECNOMY CRISIS THAT TIME

Post a Comment