7.17.2012

Thom Browne Spring / Summer 2013 Menswear Lookbook


Okay, okay...many of you might be thinking WTF to this Thom Browne Spring / Summer 2013 Menswear collection.  And from a purely consumer standpoint, I agree.  Would you wear any of these looks straight off the runway?  Probably not.   

But, hear me out!  He's a master of taking a concept, in this case, plaids + madras, and exploring it to the limit.  Mixed with quirky clouds made of whales and lobster prints, the looks are definitely in your face and one to be noticed.  The styling sensibility with the sunglasses and the printed plaid knee highs remind me of a Wes Anderson film (yes, I did just see Moonrise Kingdom and love it.).  The collection is quirky prep at it's most avante garde and for that reason, I am fond of it and have an appreciation for it.  And I see his commentary of clashing plaids as almost a moving forward of color blocking..... or perhaps I'm reading too much into it.  Anyhoo.....

Decide for yourself.  Many looks below:


No comments:

Post a Comment