1.25.2011

3.1 Phillip Lim Fall / Winter 2011 Menswear


3.1 Phillip Lim took his menswear collection from NY to Paris for Fall/Winter 2011.  He said in response to his collection, "I love dressing up, but I'm still young."  I definitely agree with that statement personally and this collection perfectly captures a sense of youth in these quirky formal looks.  I love the unconventional layering and what Lim calls "sartorial idiosyncrasies" - eg. Hook-and-eye closures on outerwear, evening sweatpants, and electric green jacquards!  I love that - SARTORIAL IDIOSYNCRASIES.

I'm not normally a huge fan of Phillip Lim in the past because I've found the cut a bit odd and the design a bit too quirky, but this collection may have just changed my mind.  A great first Paris showing!

Favorite looks below:

Source: Style

No comments:

Post a Comment