1.24.2012

Damir Doma Fall / Winter 2012 Menswear Runway + Video


Somewhere Someone Is Waiting For You is the title of Damir Doma's Fall / Winter 2012 Menswear collection.  I was a bit surprised by what we saw initially, missing the signature dark and beautiful layered draping that I expected to see from Damir Doma season after season.  But then, I realized that I actually love his new vision even more - EUREKA!

Dreaming of travel, Damir Doma takes inspiration from global influences such as African, Slavic and Asian costumes and interprets through his lens.  His beautiful layering is still there, but now, with the introduction of rich prints and even fur to add an extra layer of richness and dimension.

I love that he is challenging himself with this collection and the results are beautiful.  What do you think?

Looks and video below:





No comments:

Post a Comment